BEAR ONE ANOTHER'S BURDENS, AND IN THIS WAY YOU WILL FULFILL THE LAW OF CHRIST.
GALATIANS 6:2 NRSV
ENCOURAGE THE FAINT HEARTED, HELP THE WEAK, BE PATIENT WITH ALL OF THEM.
1 THESSALONIANS 5:14B NRSV
CAST YOUR BURDEN ON THE LORD , AND HE WILL SUSTAIN YOU.
PSALM 55:22A NRSV
COME TO ME, ALL YOU THAT ARE WEARY AND ARE CARRYING HEAVY BURDENS, AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST.
MATTHEW 11:28 NRSV
CAST ALL YOUR ANXIETY ON HIM, BECAUSE HE CARES FOR YOU.
1 PETER 5:7 NRSV
Stephen Ministry is grounded in Jesus' command to love one another. Through one-to-one caring relationships, those who are hurting receive the love and care they need to support them.
• Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
• Are your health, your attitude, or your relationships suffering?
• Are you adjusting to a new job, change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, or a recent move?
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, and to share God's love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you my be experiencing.
• A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
• A caring, Christian friend who takes the time to really listen.
• A lay person who has received 50 (or more) hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
• A counselor or therapist
• A problem-solver
• A casual visitor
1. A person - either you, a relative, or a friend - is hurting and in need of Christian care.
2. The Stephen Ministry Referrals Coordinator learns about this need for care from a pastor, a friend, or from the person in need of care and only after the person in need has granted permission.
3. The Referrals Coordinator meets with the person to talk about Stephen Ministry.
4. With the person's permission, the Referrals Coordinator assigns a Stephen Minister to meet on a weekly basis with that person.
5. The Stephen Minister provides distinctively Christian and strictly confidential care